Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Too darn COLD

Tonight into the AM we are looking at -27 degrees with the windchill. This is Illinois not the North Pole. I hear about the warm weather in Arizonia and California and Jane and I think when retirement comes we might have to winter in some other place. Who knows what will be happening when that times comes. But it is a nice thought to hope for. Well I guess I will go off to the gym and brave the cold. Jane is not going with me as she thinks I am crazy. School has not been called off here yet but I would think with the windchill being around 27 degrees below they would think of it. I guess it will take one superintent to get brave and make the call and the others might follow. Of course if we do not use any more snow days we will be out of school on May 15th which sounds really great. So I hope if you are reading this you are some place warm.

If not be safe and stay warm

Andy and Jane

3 comments:

  1. No school cancelation yet? Our wind chill for tomorrow is supposed to be -16° or -17°. All the schools in this area had already called off school for tomorrow by 10am today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the call around 9:00 last night. I don't know about Friday yet. I would expect not to have school tommorow either. The only thing that might make them have school is that Friday's high will be about 20.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about the rest of the area, but the schools here were scheduled No Students on Friday. They get Friday and Monday (a 4 day weekend) off, but the teachers have meetings all day Friday. So it doesn't matter what it is like on Friday, they all have to work anyways.

    ReplyDelete