Thursday, January 22, 2009

Spring not too FAR?


Yes the seed catalogs are coming in the mail. Could spring not to far off. It is fun going through and planning what to plant. This year I will not go crazy like last year. I planted heirloom tomatoes all from Kentucky. We had 35 plants and more fruit then we knew what to do with. This year I think we will have 8 plants and plenty of basil. We like the sweet basil and the thai varities. The rest of the garden will be planted with flowers. We like zinnias for cut flowers and they don't need much care. If we can get someone to plow some ground at our country place then we will plant a lot of the zinnias and then sell them at the farmer's market. Also we will plant a large crop of sweet corn. We also have planned to redo several of the flower beds. Pictures will be coming later this year.

2 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful! I am so anxious to have fresh tomatoes and basil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Can't wait for spring even tho it means lots (and I mean LOTS) of yard work for me this year!

    ReplyDelete